Spider-Man (Peter Parker) is a fictional Marvel Comics superhero created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko. First appearing in Amazing Fantasy #15 (Aug. 1962), he has become one of the world’s most popular, enduring and recognizable superheroes.
When Spider-Man first saw print in the 1960s, teenage characters in superhero comic books were usually sidekicks. The Spider-Man series broke ground by featuring a hero who himself was an adolescent, to whose “self-obsessions with rejection, inadequacy, and loneliness” young readers could relate. Spider-Man has since appeared in various media including several animated and live-action television series, syndicated newspaper comic strips and highly successful films.
Marvel has published several Spider-Man comic book series, the first being The Amazing Spider-Man. Over the years, the Peter Parker character has developed from shy high school student to troubled college student to married professional.
Originally Posted by Bane of the Dicefreaks forums.
|Peter Parker, Spider-Man|
|Medium Altered Human|
|Wounds||36 WP Vitality 463 VP (25d8+325)|
|Speed||120 ft., Climb 120 ft.|
|AC||46 (+4 speed, +17 Dexterity, +15 insight) touch 46, flat footed 25|
|Attack||Unarmed strike +41 melee (1d8+21/20) or webbing +40 ranged touch (special)|
|Unarmed strike +41/+36/+31 melee (1d8+21/20) and 3 waloons +30 melee (1d6+11) or webbing +37/+32/+27 (special)|
|Space/Reach||5 ft./5 ft.|
|Adhesion, Darkvision, defensive roll, resistance to fire 30, damage reduction 15/adamantium, spider-sense, superhuman agility, super speed, superhuman strength, web casting|
|Saves||Fort +27, Ref +49, Will +16|
|Abilities||Strength 36, Dexterity 45, Constitution 36, Intelligence 22, Wisdom 15, Charisma 16|
|Skills||Balance +62, Bluff +13, Climb +72, Computer Use +16, Craft (chemistry) +21, Craft (mechanical) +21, Diplomacy +18, Hide +67, Intimidate +15, Jump +62, Knowledge (physical science) +21, Knowledge (streetwise) +16, Listen +6, Move Silently +57, Perform (quip) +18, Profession (photographer) +17, Profession (teacher) +7, Research +21, Search+23, Sense Motive +12, Spot +21 (+37 with waloons), Swim +30, Treat Injury +7, Tumble +62|
|Feats||Bounding Assault, Brawl, Dodge, Improved Brawl, Mobility, Rapid Blitz, Spring Attack, Telling Blow|
|Epic Feats||Epic Dodge, Epic Reflexes|
|Climate/Terrain||New York, New York|
|Organization||Solitary (Unique) or Avengers (Group)|
|Alignment||Neutral Good with Chaotic tendancies|
Spider-Man has also shown the ability to adhere any part of his body to objects. This grants him a +10 bonus on checks to grapple and resist disarming attempts.
When Spider-Man moves more than 5 feet in a round, he gains a +4 Dodge bonus to AC and deals +4d6 points of damage.
Spider-Man possesses an early warning danger sense. It gives him enhanced perceptions of his surroundings and warns him of danger. He is virtually impossible to take by surprise or even hit in combat:
- Spider-Man cannot be caught flat-footed or flanked.
- +15 insight bonus to AC .
- +5 bonus on Search and Spot checks
- He effectively has 360 degree vision effectively granting him Blindsense.
- Spiderman has a chance to Dodge any incoming attacks whether melee or ranged.
- All attacks directed at Spidey suffer a 45% miss chance.
- If his spider sense is disabled Peter loses all benefits, as well as suffers a -4 penalty to his Reflex and Will saves.
Spider-Man has two large retractable bone stingers in his forearms. He has displayed no control over his ability to use them as of yet. His stingers inflict 1d10 piercing damage and inject a paralyzing poison (Fort DC 35 to avoid) which lasts for 1d4 hours.
Peter has reflexes far beyond those of mortal men, allowing him to react instantly to threats:
- Peter cannot be flanked.
- If Peter is the subject of any attack that allows a reflex save for half damage
and is successful he suffers no damage. If he fails his save he takes half
- Peter uses his Dexterity modifier on all attack rolls.
- +15 bonus on all Dexterity based skills (and he uses his Dexterity modifier for Climb and Jump checks)
- +10 bonus on all Reflex saves
- +10 initiative bonus
Super Speed Level 4
The following benefits are provided from Superspeed Level 4:
- +4 speed bonus to AC, attack, initiative, and Reflex saves
- +2 speed bonus to damage rolls
- Spider-Man may make 4 swift actions in a round.
- Spider-Man reduces the amount of time to complete an action by 1 step, allowing him to take full round actions a standard actions.
- Characters with less than Superspeed level 2 are considered flat-footed for the purposes of Spider-Man’s attacks. Characters with Uncanny Dodge have an effective Superspeed Level equal to their Dexterity modifier for this purpose.
- When using the run action, Spider-Man moves x10 his movement rate.
Superhuman Strength Level 3
- Spider-Man posseses superhuman strength and is able to lift 8x what his Strength score indicates.
- +6 bonus on melee damage.
- +3 bonus on grapple and bull rush attempts.
Spider-Man possesses web spinnerets on the inside of each of his wrists. This allows Peter to shoot a webline a distance of up to 300 feet. This line requires a Strength check of DC 25 to break up to one round after being fired. After that time it requires a Strength check of DC 35 to break.
Spider-Man formerly wore a set of web-shooters, since his evolution he has the ability to natural cast webbing.
Spider-Man wears a high tech suit of armor crafted by Tony Stark. It provides him with numerous abilities and makes him even more formidable.
- – Blending: Spider-Man’s costume can blend into dark surroundings allowing him to hide in plain sight and giving him a +10 bonus on Hide checks.
- – Carbon-Filters: Spider-Man’ mask possesses filters to keep out noxious gases making in immune to gas attacks.
- – Micromesh Armor: Provides damage reduction 15/adamantium and resistance to fire 30.
- – Visual Amplifications: Spider-Man can see in infra-red and ultra-violet spectrums.
- – Web Wings: Allows Spider-Man to fly at a speed of 200 ft. with a
maneuverability of Average.
- – Waloons: Spider-Man’s new costume possesses three mentally controlled retractable arms. Each is considered to have Strength of 32 and inflicts 1d6+11 damage in combat. Spider-man strikes with them at +30. They have a break DC of 30 if attacked directly. The waloons also possess cameras within them allowing Spider-Man to see extraordinary distances. He receives a +15 on all Spot checks using them and incurs range penalties per 50 ft. of distance rather then 10 ft.