I will kill your monster!
Beowulf is a 2007 British-American 3D adult animated epic fantasy film directed by Robert Zemeckis and written by Neil Gaiman and Roger Avary, based on the Old English epic poem of the same name. The film was created through a motion capture process similar to the technique Zemeckis used in The Polar Express. The cast includes Ray Winstone, Anthony Hopkins, Robin Wright Penn, Brendan Gleeson, John Malkovich, Crispin Glover, Alison Lohman, and Angelina Jolie. It was released in the United Kingdom and United States on November 16, 2007, by Paramount Pictures and Warner Bros. Pictures, and was available to view in IMAX 3D, RealD, Dolby 3D and standard 2D format. The film received positive reviews from critics and it earned $196.4 million on a $150 million budget.
- Ray Winstone as Beowulf, the title character.
- Crispin Glover and Angelina Jolie as Grendel and Grendel’s mother, the antagonists.
- Anthony Hopkins as King Hrothgar.
- John Malkovich as Unferth.
- Brendan Gleeson as Wiglaf, Beowulf’s lieutenant
- Robin Wright Penn as Queen Wealtheow
- Alison Lohman as Ursula, Beowulf’s concubine when he is an old king
- Costas Mandylor as Hondshew
- Sebastian Roche as Wulfgar
- Greg Ellis as Garmund
- Tyler Steelman as Young Cain, Unferth’s disabled slave
- Dominic Keating as Adult Cain
- Rik Young as Eofor
- Charlotte Salt as Estrith
- Leslie Harter Zemeckis as Yrsa
- Fredrik Hiller as Finn of Frisia