The epic story that was destined to stand as a colossus of adventure!
Jason and the Argonauts (working title Jason and the Golden Fleece) is a 1963 independently made Anglo-American fantasy film, produced by Charles H. Schneer, directed by Don Chaffey, that stars Todd Armstrong, Nancy Kovack, Honor Blackman, and Gary Raymond. It was distributed by Columbia Pictures.
The film was made in collaboration with stop motion animation master Ray Harryhausen and is known for its various fantasy creatures, notably the iconic fight scene featuring multiple skeleton warriors.
The film score was composed by Bernard Herrmann, who also worked with Harryhausen on the fantasy films The 7th Voyage of Sinbad (1958), The Three Worlds of Gulliver (1960), and Mysterious Island (1961).
- Todd Armstrong as Jason (dubbed by Tim Turner, uncredited)
- Nancy Kovack as Medea (dubbed by Eva Haddon, uncredited)
- Gary Raymond as Acastus
- Laurence Naismith as Argus
- Niall MacGinnis as Zeus
- Michael Gwynn as Hermes /priest
- Douglas Wilmer as Pelias
- Jack Gwillim as King Aeëtes
- Honor Blackman as Hera
- John Cairney as Hylas
- Patrick Troughton as Phineus
- Andrew Faulds as Phalerus
- Nigel Green as Herakles
- Ennio Antonelli as Dmitrius (uncredited)
- John Crawford as Polydeuces (uncredited)
- Aldo Cristiani as Lynceus (uncredited)
- Ferdinando Poggi as Castor (uncredited)
- Davina Taylor as Briseis (uncredited)
- William Gudgeon as Triton (uncredited)
- Doug Robinson as Euphaemus (uncredited)
Roleplaying & mythology
Want to learn more about the Jason and the other Argonauts
If you like the ancient Greek world